Grady had his 2 month check-up today and got quite a few vaccines. He got 3 shots and had to ingest some thick, sugary stuff, which he didn't seem to mind too much. He went from being quiet and happy to immediately howling when she stuck him with the first needle. It literally broke my heart and I almost started crying. I think my mom teared up a little, too. As soon as she put the band-aides on, though, he stopped crying and was fine. He weighed 13 lbs. 7 oz. (82%) and was 24 inches long (80%) and his head measured 16.3 inches (79%).
He was pretty sleepy and would not let me set him down without crying the rest of the afternoon. He slept on my shoulder pretty much the entire time except to eat and get diaper changes. His forehead never felt warm, so I don't think he got a fever at all. By about 7:00 tonight, he seemed back to normal and I put him to bed at 8:30. He doesn't go back to the doctor until 4 months, thank goodness.

No comments:
Post a Comment