Monday, December 5, 2011

Graden - 2 Months Old

Everyday, I think that there is no way for me to love this little boy any more, and somehow, the next day, I do!  I realize that I'm biased, but he is the most incredible, precious, adorable, amazing little boy in the whole world!  He has changed so much in the last month!  He has the cutest chubby cheeks that are now acne-free.  His baby acne lasted for about 2 weeks and then cleared up on its own.  His legs look like the Michelin Man's legs.  His eyes have started to lighten up a little and actually look blue in pictures now.  He is almost out of size 1 diapers (except in Target brand - they seem to run a little bigger than the other brands that we have tried).  He is wearing 3-month clothes.  We haven't weighed him in a while, but he goes in on Wednesday for his 2-month doctor appointment, so we will just wait until then to get a more precise weight.  He continues to be a very good eater.  He eats every 2-2.5 hours during the day and now will go one stretch of 6-7.5 hours at night.  Nursing has gotten so much easier.  I feel like if a mom can get through the first month, which is full of marathon feedings, it is a piece of cake.  He usually only takes 10-15 minutes to eat now, which makes life so much easier.  The first few weeks after he was born, I felt like I was feeding him 24 hours a day.  We really don't ever feed him with a bottle - I think he has had 3 so far - mostly because it is just easier for me to feed him.  We aren't really schedule people, but he has been developing his own routine.  I usually put him to bed somewhere between 9 and 10 (although he will usually sleep downstairs with us for a while before that) and he (knock on wood) has been pretty easy to put to sleep.  We change him, swaddle him, I nurse him until he either falls asleep or gets sleepy and then transfer him to his bassinet.  I turn the sound machine on, flip on the baby monitor and go downstairs.  Even when he is awake when I put him down, he doesn't cry and eventually falls asleep.  Once in a while, he will start to get a little fussy, so we give him his pacifier and he goes to sleep.  I am planning to slowly put him to bed earlier.  The last 2 weeks (since we started swaddling him again) he will sleep until somewhere between 4:30 - 6:00 am, then he gets changed, eats and then goes back to sleep, but almost always wakes up at 7:30 to eat, no matter if he ate at 4:30 or 6:00.  Sometimes he will go back to sleep for a little while after his 7:30 feeding and sometimes he won't.  He usually eats again around 9:30 and then naps at 10:00.  His naps are very inconsistent, though.  Sometimes he will nap for long stretches and other times he only will take cat naps.  He always naps for much longer periods when he is either in the Moby or on my chest.  He still poops A LOT - between 6 - 10 times a day.  He is smiling and cooing all the time now and his hair has been slowly falling out in the back of his head.  He spits up a lot, but since I don't have any other babies to compare him to, I don't know if it is more than usual.  It's almost always the dribble kind down the front of his outfit after he eats.  He loves his playmat and loves looking at the flashing lights.  I wish I could freeze time right now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment