Sunday, October 23, 2011

Grady's 1st Outings

There's been lots of firsts this week!  On Friday, I finally got up the guts to take him out for an outing with Grammy and Great-Grammy.  We went to Bob Evans and then to Babies R' Us and it was completely successful.  I kept him in his car seat and covered the car seat with a blanket for both the cold weather and the light.  It worked like a charm because he slept the whole time in both places.  The only catch is that everything takes twice as long to do.  So far, as long as he has a full belly before we take him someplace, he is excellent.  He seems to really like the car and his car seat, so he is completely out as soon as we start driving anywhere. 

Today, he went on his first outing with Mommy and Daddy.  We took him to my relatives' 50th wedding anniversary party and once again, he didn't cry once.  He did, however, pee all over his nice outfit, so we had to change him before we took our pictures.


We really wanted to push our luck, so we took him to Applebees tonight with my mom and Sam, and he slept the whole time.  It's been so nice to get out the house a little bit and I feel like I'm getting the hang of taking Grady out and about.  The real test will be taking him out by myself.  No current plans to try that yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment