Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Grady - 2 Weeks Old

I can't believe my little boy is 2 weeks old already!  The last two weeks have flown by!  He has been such a blessing and I just love him to pieces!  He changes so much everyday and I just wish I could freeze him this way.  I must admit, I am severely sleep deprived because we have not introduced the bottle yet, but I am hoping to soon.  He wants to eat all.the.time.  I had been trying to avoid using a pacifier, but have recently been using it more and more in between feedings.  Grady is such a rooter and he makes the cutest little snorts when he does it.  I call him my little piglet.  He gets so excited when it is time to eat and no matter how tired I am, it always makes me laugh.  He could be screaming his head off, but as soon as he gets near me to eat, he immediately shuts up and starts rooting - eyes and mouth open wide and his head is like a wood pecker.  I really think that he would nurse all day long if I let him.  He eats like crazy at first, but usually gets very sleepy after the first couple minutes.  I am constantly doing things to try and get him to stay awake.  I have started unlatching him and setting him up to burp him to try and wake him up a little.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  We always change his diaper before he eats, too, but it doesn't seem to wake him up enough to make it through a whole feeding usually.

His neck is getting stronger everyday and he is starting to lift his head up slightly when he is on his tummy.  He lost his belly button on Monday (10/17 - 12 days old) and we are going to give him his first real bath tomorrow.  And hopefully, he will go on his first outing (other than to the doctor) on Friday.  Here are some pics I took of him today.

Trying so hard to lift his head

No comments:

Post a Comment