Sunday, October 9, 2011
40 Week Check-up
I had my 40 week check-up on 10/4 and I was still only dilated 2 cm and I was 80% effaced. I gained another pound and hit the 150 mark. My blood pressure was 122/75 and his heart rate was in the mid-130's. My doctor (that I have seen throughout this entire pregnancy) was out of the office, so I had to see one of the other doctors at the practice, which I was a little unhappy about, but it turned out okay. We discussed how uncomfortable I was and how ready I was to have this baby, so she said that she would call the hospital to set an induction date. She also stripped my membranes in hopes that it would get labor started on it's own. She said she would see if the hospital had anything available that night and I about died! I told her that was a little soon (especially since my doctor hadn't planned to schedule anything until I was a week past my due date), so I asked if it would be okay to wait a couple days. I asked her to check on Thursday or Friday, but they didn't have any openings on Thursday and they didn't have anything until Friday night, so I told her to check on Wednesday. The only time they had available was Wednesday (10/5) at 5:00 pm, so I took that and got immediate anxiety. I really wanted him to come on his own.
Appears in
Pregnancy - Baby #1,
Pregnancy - Doctor appointment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment