Our baby's development at 40 weeks:
- It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.
- Miserable. With each day that goes by with no baby (or sign of baby coming) I get a little more cranky - partly because I am so uncomfortable, partly because I am mentally ready for this pregnancy to be over and partly because I am so tired of this waiting game. I hate analyzing every little thing that happens and thinking that labor might finally be getting started and then it leading nowhere. I am trying very hard to keep my mind off of things - Greg and I ran some errands yesterday and then went out to dinner, I went to the grocery store today and made a casserole tonight for Greg/Mom/Sam's Dexter party (and a 2nd one to freeze) and I cleaned up the house and did some laundry today - but a lot of times it is painful just to walk because I have so much pressure on my bladder. And to be honest - I really didn't want to start this upcoming workweek. I was really hoping that Friday would be my last day for a while, but no such luck. I know it's completely normal for babies to be late - especially your first baby, but it doesn't change the fact that for 9 months I had October 1st in my head and a countdown clock above my sink and here I am - almost to October 3rd and still no sign of my baby. I just want him to come out!!!
- My strawberry lemonade. It is so delicious and so easy to make. The Magic Bullet is the greatest invention ever! It literally takes me 30 seconds to make. All I do is put 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries in the Bullet cup, fill it with lemonade and add a splash of strawberry daiquiri mix and blend. It is awesome! I bought a peach juice cocktail today at the grocery store today and I am anxious to make a peach/strawberry drink tomorrow. As you can tell, my fruit obsession has not let up at all.
Baby looks like:


No comments:
Post a Comment