Friday, March 18, 2011

Baby Names

How do you ever decide on a name for your baby?!?  I really hadn't thought about it much until last night when Greg and I sat down with The Complete Book of Baby Names that my mom had gotten us a couple weeks ago.  We didn't really get anywhere.  I searched through all of BabyCenter.com's database of names on my own and came up with some that I like - but I have no idea how we will decide on just one.  I'm finding that I like a lot more girl names than boy names.  I think it is because it seems to be a little easier to come up with unique names for girls than boys.  I keep running into problems, though.  One of my favorite names for a girl is also the name of my mom's best friend's dog - which just isn't going to fly unfortunately.  And one of my favorite boy names is also one of the most popular names right now - which I don't want, either.  My mom doesn't even want me to finalize the name until the baby is born - but (sorry Mom) I hope to have it narrowed down to my favorite boy and favorite girl name by the time we go in for my ultrasound - which is just over a month away!

No comments:

Post a Comment