Monday, March 14, 2011

11 Weeks Pregnant!

3/12/11 - 3/18/11

The stupid Bachelor killed me tonight.  3 hours of can't miss drama in the finale and I just couldn't get enough.  So now it is way past my bedtime, I'm so tired and I'm trying to finish my post for this week.  I can't remember the last time I was up this late!  This will be the last Monday post because technically, my weeks start on Saturday, but since I had started writing these on Mondays when I thought my due date was October 3rd, I just continued to do them that way.  But there are just too many good shows on Monday nights, so start looking for my weekly updates over the weekend instead!

My baby's development at 11 weeks:
  • Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden. She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two -- nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.
I am feeling:
  • A little better.  I have had a string of several days now with no nausea, so I am very optimistic that the worst is behind me.  I'm also noticing a little more energy, but no where near 100%.  My focus for the past couple weeks has been completely on Bubby and getting him better and it has been a very stressful time for everyone.  My appetite is starting to come back a little bit even though it looks like my appetite has been just fine by my picture :)  I sometimes think that the doctors are all wrong and I'm actually about 5 months pregnant!  My belly really is quite large already.  I guess you could definitely say I have "popped".    
I am craving:
  • I'm still not having much in the way of cravings.  Even though my appetite has been a little better these last few days, I never have the "I gotta have ___" feeling.  The closest I have really come to that lately is fruit and my mom has been wonderful enough to make me giant bowls of fruit salad the last couple weeks.  I eat a couple bowls a day and it is delicious.  My diet has also been very heavy on carbs - mostly because meat is so unappealing to me right now.  Greg cooked his chicken inside yesterday because the grill was out of gas and the smell was so awful for me.  I haven't really had a sweet tooth, either.  Just lots of "comfort foods" right now.
I look like:

No comments:

Post a Comment