Although the first of the year was technically yesterday...I decided to celebrate my new year tomorrow. I wanted to relax and enjoy my long weekend, so my resolutions start tomorrow! I always spend the beginning of the year setting goals for myself and figuring out where I'm going and how I want to get there. I have a bunch of goals set for 2011 - hopefully I can accomplish some of them! It's funny to think about this time last year and how stressed I was with all of the wedding planning. This year, things are a lot more mellow. I'm so glad that all of the stress from the wedding is behind me - although I wouldn't mind doing the honeymoon all over again! What a trip that was! Truly a once in a lifetime vacation that we will never forget! We could have never afforded to spend two weeks in some of the most amazing places in Hawaii if it wasn't for our family! We are so lucky to have such an incredible family!
Greg also got a big boy job over the summer which has been so wonderful for our relationship! It was really tough when he was working at the gym because he would leave at 4:30 in the morning and not get home till 6:30 and be back in bed by 9:30. It is so nice to be on the same schedule again and I definitely don't miss him waking me up at 4:00 every morning. It's also great that he works so close to home! His work is only about 8 miles away, which sure beats the 40 miles he was driving to and from the gym everyday!
Not much changed with my job last year - which I am thrilled about! I had my 3-year anniversary in September and I so enjoy working from home. Especially through these snowy, cold winter months!
The 2nd half of the year I also started cooking a lot more often. My biggest problem with cooking...choosing what to make! I'm hope to do a better job planning meals ahead of time this year and hopefully I will get this cooking thing nailed! I also implemented a no-eating-at-the-coffee-table rule which I really like. It's not that big of a deal now - but I would like to get out of that habit before kids enter the picture someday.
I have also challenged my mother to a contest to see who could get rid of more clothes. I desperately need to get rid of about half of my clothes - most of which I probably haven't worn since moving into this house - so hopefully my competitiveness will quite my "but I might wear this again someday" mentality that I sometimes have. We would like to take the clothes somewhere other than Goodwill - preferably someplace that doesn't charge people for the clothes, but we need to see what we can find. Between the two of us, we could clothe a lot of women!
And the most cliche resolution...get back in the gym! Before the wedding, I was in the gym 3-4 times a week. After the wedding, I didn't step a foot in the gym until November. I was getting in there a couple times a week until Christmas rolled around. I would like to continue to get in the gym 2-3 times a week, which I should be able to handle...I hope.
We brought in the new year this year at our neighbors' house. They had a big party and it was nice because we didn't have to worry about driving home! We actually didn't drink all that much...it just isn't worth it anymore! I hate feeling like crap the day after a night of heavy drinking, so I very rarely drink like that anymore.
The party theme was simply a funny hat, so I got to wear my bachelorette party pink sequin cowboy hat again and Greg bought a Cookie Monster hat at Walmart that he is going to return. Benjie decided that he was going to shave lightening bolts into his hair instead of wearing a hat.
I couldn't have asked for a better 2010...and I hopefully 2011 will be the best year yet! Happy New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment