We are back from our trip to CT over the weekend and we had such a great time! We left Wednesday night at 6 pm and I would have bet $1000 that we were going to hit horrible Thanksgiving eve traffic - but miraculously - we didn't hit ANY!! We made really great time in fact! It was almost a nightmare, though, because right after we entered NY, a deer bolted out across the highway and I came within a foot of hitting it! It ran out from the middle of the highway and luckily there weren't any cars on either side of me because I slammed on my breaks and jerked the wheel so hard to the left (I was in the middle lane) to avoid hitting the deer. I know you aren't supposed to swerve like that, but it was honestly just a reflex - it all happened so suddenly that I didn't even have a second to debate what to do. It scared me to death and Greg was asleep at the time, so he woke up to the car jerking around, but didn't see the deer because his seat was all the way back. I was so freaked out after, my whole body was shaking and I wouldn't drive next to a car the whole rest of the trip. I just kept thinking how thankful I was for not hitting that deer because it would have completely ruined the trip, we would have been stuck in NY at midnight with a totaled car and I would have been most devastated about killing or seriously injuring a deer. So, this Thanksgiving, I was extremely thankful that I didn't hit that deer!! I think we got to my in-laws house somewhere around 2:30 am and we were pooped. We went right to bed and I don't think we even woke up Bill & Janis.
Thursday, we had a nice Thanksgiving filled with lots of yummy food, some family time and some games. Sometime during the day, Greg and Kurt decided that they were going to venture out for Black Friday - which I think Greg has said every year since we have been together - but they actually went. And to Walmart no less. They both got laptops and Kurt got a Blue-ray. I got lousy sleep.
Friday, I spent the day with my dear friend, Christie. It still amazes me that she lives 30 minutes from where Greg grew up - but it is so wonderful to get to see her when we visit my in-laws. We went to the new restaurant and then we went to the spa and had such a fabulous time. We went back to her house for a little bit and then I left because I had plans to meet Ana. After a brief stop at Bill & Janis' house, I went over to Ana's and we talked all night.
Saturday was the big OSU vs Michigan game!! We watched OSU kick Michigan's butt and then I had to get ready for Greg's reunion. We went over to his friend's house for a little while and then we all headed to the reunion. It was completely different than mine - but it was fun. Especially at the end of the night when people were drunk and making fools of themselves. We left around midnight and stopped at Sean's house for a little while and went home to get some sleep.
Sunday morning, we went to IHOP with Bill, Janis, Kurt, Jack & Max and then we got on the road home. Again, I would have bet anything that traffic was going to be miserable, but we made it home in almost 8 hours exactly - which is unbelievable! And luckily, no deer encounters this time!
Amazingly, I really don't have any pictures from our trip. I think the only picture that I took was a picture of me and Christie. Bill usually takes a bunch of pictures and gives them to me on a CD, but he hardly took any either! I can't believe it!! We will have to make up for it when they come for Christmas in a few weeks!!
Not much else has been happening. I've been trying to get back in the gym a couple times a week and I changed up my workout routine so that I'm working out my whole body each day instead of doing one section of my body each day and I like this way so much better. I don't really have any specific goals, it just feels good to get back in there. Hopefully I will stick with it.
25 Days till Christmas!! Guess I should start shopping soon!!! I LOVE this time of year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment