I really never dreamt that my little business that I started from scratch a couple years ago could turn into what it is today. Sales have exploded this year and we are honestly having a very hard time keeping up with the demand. My poor mom and grandma have not had a day off since Christmas and neither have I. Sam is not only running his own business, but then he goes home and helps my mom out, too. I am trying to take care of a very active toddler and run the business, which has been extremely difficult.
In January, we broke our previous sales record by a lot, which, at the time, we thought was huge. In February, we smashed the January record. We almost doubled our January sales in March. And now, April is going to be another record-setting month. We are at a point where we probably should start hiring help, but without an actual office space, that's not a very easy thing to do. I really didn't want to get an office space until Grady was in school because I don't want to drag him someplace like that every day, but I'm not sure how much longer we can sustain our current set-up. Currently, my morning room is my office/packing/shipping department and one of the spare bedrooms upstairs is my "heat press" room, where I heat press all of the rhinestone products and the transfer products. My mom has her own little factory at her house with the embroidery machines and almost all of the inventory (minus our plush robes, which are at Sam's work). My grandma makes all of the rhinestone designs in her kitchen. We are all working an insane amount of hours every week.
After a couple "meetings", we decided that the best first step would be to have Greg quit his job and come aboard full-time, so on April Fool's day, Greg turned in his 2 weeks notice and yesterday was his last day. He hated his job so much, so he was thrilled when we suggested the idea. He is going to be such an asset to the business and it is going to help out so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment