I know I start off every monthly post saying how fast the time flies and how hard it is to believe that my little baby is so big - but seriously - would time PLEASE slow down a little! He is getting SO BIG SO FAST and I wish I could keep him like this forever and ever. (Tear.) He is the most amazing little boy and he has changed my whole perspective on life and love. At 4 months, he is wearing size 3 diapers and 3-6 month clothes (mostly). He can wear some 6-9 month clothes. I say this every month - but he has the CHUBBIEST legs I have ever seen! His doctor appointment is on Wednesday, so I'll wait to get official stats until then. He still sleeps from 9:00 - 9:00 usually waking up only once (between 4-7) to eat. There was about a week in the middle of January that he was waking up an additional time to eat, usually between 2-4. He is still sleeping in his Pack-n-Play next to our bed and I'm very reluctant to move him into his crib. The AAP says that keeping the baby in your room until 6 months reduces the risk of SIDS, so I use that excuse every time Greg tries to talk me into moving him. As I discussed in my previous post, we have just recently stopped swaddling him at night and so far so good! He is a dream to put to bed at night. Even if he is wide awake, he will babble himself to sleep. Naps, however, are a whole different story. I don't know why, but he is really tough to get down for naps. He usually takes 3 naps a day - but sometimes 4. 90% of his naps are 45 minutes on the dot, but just recently he has started taking a long (about 2 hour) nap in the early evening. He still eats every 2 hours during the day. He drools all the time! The front of his outfit is always soaked. He still tries to put everything in his mouth and seems very interested in what I'm eating. I really don't want to introduce him to solid food until he is close to 6 months, but I will see what the doctor says on Wednesday. He still does not like tummy time very much. He has rolled over once so far and that was a week or so back. He did it while he was screaming on his belly, but I hate to have him get to that stage. He loves to stand up. When he is on his back, you can give him your fingers to sit up and then he immediately stands himself up. His balance is getting much better, too. He is getting better at sitting by himself. As long as he's balanced, he can sit by himself for a while. He is still exclusively breastfed and is still pooping 5-6 times a day. He is developing such an incredible personality and he smiles and talks all the time. He does this adorable bashful thing when I'm holding him and somebody starts talking to him. He smiles and giggles a little bit and then buries his head in my shoulder and then looks at them again. It is so cute!! Not much change in the hair department. He will probably be just like me and not have anything but peach fuzz until he's 2. At least he's a boy! I think my mom was gluing bows to my head! Ha Ha - just kidding Mom! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment