I really cannot believe that Grady is a month old already! It seems like I went into labor yesterday. Wow. And boy has our world completely changed from a month ago! I was so nervous before he was born because I didn't know anything about babies or how to take care of them. It's amazing how natural it all came. I love being a mom and I love my little boy more than words can express. I definitely wouldn't survive on this sleep schedule if I didn't! :) He is so incredible and he amazes me every day. Yesterday he was 10 lbs. 8oz. (gaining 3 lbs. since birth) and 22.75 inches long (they must not have stretched him out very well on Wednesday). He has gotten chubby cheeks and is really filling out. He has grown out of newborn clothes almost completely - especially the clothes with feet because he can't really straighten his legs anymore. He is wearing size 1 diapers. In the last few days, he has gotten baby acne all over his poor cheeks. He is such a good eater, eating every 2-3 hours during the day, but only about 2 hours through the night. He used to take FOREVER to nurse, dozing the entire time, but now is eating much quicker and staying awake much better. He usually eats for 15 - 20 minutes now (he used to take a good 45 minutes). He LOVES being in the car. Within a minute of driving, he is out. Sometimes if we are stopped for too long, he will wake up, but otherwise, he sleeps the entire time. We have been using the Moby wrap a lot recently because he sleeps really well in it, but he's not a fan of being put in it. It usually takes me a minute or two to get him happy in it, but then he is great. He went to his first craft show today in the Moby. Last week, he spent a few days being very fussy and restless, but thankfully he is back to his old self. I thought maybe he was going through a growth spurt, but that is just a guess. He is back to being very content and happy when he is awake. He likes to lay on his play mat and he has some tummy time every day. He has started cooing a lot lately and I swear I have gotten him to smile a couple times - when I touch his nose - but I couldn't say for sure. He smiles all the time when he is sleeping and it always makes me smile. He has very explosive and loud bowel movements. It sometimes makes me jump and always makes me laugh - except when he does it while I'm in the middle of changing him - which he really likes to do. We have started putting him in the fleece sleep sacks with arms instead of swaddling him, which he seems to like much better. He really didn't like having his arms swaddled and would always wiggle them out. He is just the most precious little boy and I cannot believe he is mine.

Thank you Grammy Lori for making these adorable onsies for me!
Quite possibly one of my favorite pics of all time.
Glad he loves the Moby! Makes walking around places so stress- free! Glad things are going well and boy, oh boy, does he look like Greg in those last two pictures :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness - that picture of him and Phil is TOO PRECIOUS!!!! I LOVE IT!!!
ReplyDelete