At 7 months, Grady is wearing 9 or 12 month clothes and size 4 diapers. I don't know how much he weighs because I am going to wait for an accurate measurement on Tuesday when he goes in for his 2nd flu vaccine. I measured him today and he is pretty close to 29 inches long (which puts him somewhere between 89% - 94%). I don't know if they will do a length measurement on Tuesday since it isn't a check-up. He is such a solid baby and people always seem to think he is older than he is. And those legs...oh my does he have chubby legs. Thank goodness he's a boy! We FINALLY have a routine and it is wonderful! Grady takes 2 naps a day (11 & 4), is eating solids twice a day (usually shortly after he gets up from his naps) and nurses 7-8 times a day and it seems to work really well for both of us. He has been taking a nice long nap at 11, and his 4:00 nap ranges from 45 minutes to 2 hours. At night, Greg takes him upstairs and reads to him around 8:30 and I take him up for our bedtime routine at 9 and he's asleep before 9:30. If it's a bath night (doing 3/week now), it's usually around 8. We attempted to move him into his room Friday night, but it was a failed attempt. Since I didn't want 2 horrible nights in a row and it is too hard to do on work nights, we are going to try again next Friday. He has been a side sleeper for a few weeks now, but recently has been sleeping on his belly (which scares mommy a lot) and last night was the first night I let him stay on his tummy. He does 360's in his crib and I've been very opposed to bumpers until now. Last night, I woke up a hundred times because he was on his belly and looked over at one point and he was horizontal in his crib up against the top rails with one arm hanging out. I carefully moved him back to the center, but I'm actually more worried about him horizontal and pushing off his legs and ramming his head. It was so much easier when he slept on his back in one spot! Most nights (although he throws in a bad one here and there) he sleeps from 9:30 - 9ish waking up between 4-6 to eat. He isn't crawling yet, but instead, prefers to roll. He does consecutive rolls to get to what he wants. He still scoots backwards or in a circle on his belly or he gets on his hands, a knee and a foot and rocks a little, but usually will just slide to his belly and roll. He is really good at climbing on me and tries to pull himself up to his feet, but he doesn't get all the way up without a little help. He still absolutely loves his walker. It amazes me how well he can maneuver in it and how fast he goes! He loves to pull the towel off the the stove door and open the drawers. If I have a basket of laundry on the floor, he gets such a kick out of pulling every piece of clothing onto the tray until he has a mound in front of him. He does not care for his pacifier. The only time he ever has one is for naps. I thought he was going to become a thumb sucker, but he hasn't so far. He still has just his two bottom teeth. So far, he has had carrots, peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, pears, apples, peaches, bananas, rice and oatmeal. He is such a good eater and the only food that took some persuading was peas. The first time he had them, I believe there was even some dry heaving involved. But now, we warm them up and mix them with carrots and he eats them up. He is the funniest, happiest, most adorable little boy in the whole world!
No comments:
Post a Comment