These pictures are getting much more difficult to take. He is was rolling over on me and the pic with Phil was almost impossible. He kept pinching Phil and Phil wanted to get as far away as possible! I'm always amazed at how tolerable Phil is with him.
Sunday, April 8, 2012
Graden - 6 Months Old
It just doesn't seem possible that my baby is 6 months old already. He is the most amazing little boy in the whole world and he is getting way too big way too fast. At 6 months old, he is 18 lbs. 6 oz. (68.5%) and the nurse measured him (half-assed) at 27.5 inches (83.3%), but I'm pretty sure he is a little longer than that. I planned to measure him myself, but I haven't had a chance. He wears size 3 diapers and wears 6-9 month/9 month footie outfits, but has to wear 9 or 12 month outfits if the pants don't stretch because of his butt and thighs. This past month has been the most unpredictable sleep-wise since he was a newborn. He had a couple stretches this past month where he wasn't sleeping very well and the time change really messed us up for a little while. Bedtime went from 8:30, which was wonderful, to 9:30, which is not so wonderful. He wakes up at a different time every day, but it is usually between 8-9 and on good nights, he wakes up once between 5-6 to eat. Occasionally he'll go all the way until 7, but it is very rare. Naps are still incredibly inconsistent. I have tried to establish a routine, but it never works. He takes 2-3 naps a day and they range anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. At 6 months he was still exclusively breastfed, eating every 2 hours, but today we finally introduced him to solid food and he loved it. At 6 months, he had one tooth (his bottom front left), but his second tooth cut through yesterday (his bottom front right). He tries to put absolutely everything, big or small, into his mouth. He is so insanely curious about everything in sight. He has been sitting by himself without tipping over for a few weeks now. He lunges at everything (especially the dogs) and usually lands on his arms, but has face-planted a time or two. At least it's always on his foam alphabet mat. He LOVES the dogs. He is so interested in them and he now chases them around in his walker. The walker is wonderful. He loves to walk all around the first floor and has started opening up drawers...which means it is baby-proofing time. He almost pulled my big camera down on his head (about scared me to death) because he got a hold of the strap that was hanging over the edge of the counter. He will put his arms up when I say "Uppie" when I get him out of the walker. He's able to stand on his own as long as we keep him balanced. He is so smiley and happy and he loves his momma (and daddy, too). He is starting to get upset when I walk away from him sometimes. I know I said I would move him into his own room by 6 months, but I still haven't. My updated timeline is in a couple weeks. I am so blessed to have such an incredible little boy!!
These pictures are getting much more difficult to take. He is was rolling over on me and the pic with Phil was almost impossible. He kept pinching Phil and Phil wanted to get as far away as possible! I'm always amazed at how tolerable Phil is with him.

These pictures are getting much more difficult to take. He is was rolling over on me and the pic with Phil was almost impossible. He kept pinching Phil and Phil wanted to get as far away as possible! I'm always amazed at how tolerable Phil is with him.
Appears in
Graden,
Graden - Monthly Updates,
Graden's Growth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment