I must admit that this past week was a little tough for me. All of the planning, stressing, projects, work, excitement, anxiety and anticipation were over and it was back to life as usual. That combined with the 6-hour time difference, the lack of crystal blue oceans, pools, waterfalls, rainbows, adventures and relaxing from the honeymoon made my overall mood a little blue. Luckily, I had lots of stuff to do, which kept my mind off of it most of the time...but it wasn't easy getting out of my funk.
Tuesday was my birthday, but we decided to wait to officially celebrate until Thursday so that Greg and I could recuperate a little. Everyone came over and we looked at some of the pictures from our honeymoon, had my favorite dinner and ate some cake. It was a nice, relaxing evening. Thursday was actually a joint celebration since Sam's birthday was my wedding day and my Dad's birthday occurred while we were in Hawaii, so we decided to get together and celebrate everyone's birthday! We went to my favorite restaurant, Otani, and then came back to my house for more cake and presents.
Friday night was movie night at my house. We watched a couple of the movies that my mom got me for my birthday including "A Perfect Getaway" - which is about honeymooners in Hawaii. Let's just say...I am so glad that I didn't see this movie prior to my honeymoon! It was filmed on Kauai, where most of our adventures took place and we saw so many of the places that the movie was filmed.
Saturday, I had a really nice afternoon with my mom and my grandma and then spent the rest of the evening at my brother's house. My other brother, David, got accepted into a grad program at Marshall, so he had to move all of his furniture up to Jason's house because he will be moving into a tiny apartment. We sat around and talked and laughed all night.
Today was a very lazy day...and it was fabulous!






LOVE the new Coach bag!! HOT!! I don't know how I missed the update that your blog was moving. I've been looking for updates from you all week, oops! MISS YOU! Hope I get to see you next weekend! (I'll make you breakfast Sunday morning if you spend the night!! Not to bribe you or anything, ha ha)
ReplyDelete